Working out and eating healthy surely has its perks but sometimes you just can’t help yourself from craving the high in calorie sugary desserts. For most people, cheat day is something they look forward to after a week of a strict diet.
For one whole day, it is alright to eat whatever you want without needing to watch your calorie intake. A day with lesser worries. With that being said, here are some of the yummiest desserts recipes we could find for your next cheat day.
Chocolate Candy Cereal Bars
1 cup candy coated chocolate (Eg: NIPS or M&M)
2 ½ cups marshmallows
3 cups puffed rice cereal
1 cup of candy corn (optional)
1. Prepare a square glass baking dish with spray it with a non-stick cooking spray.
2. Spray spatula with the non-stick spray.
3. Melt marshmallows over medium heat in a non-stick pan.
4. Stir every 30 seconds to avoid burning.
5. Once the marshmallows melted, add in the rice cereal, candy chocolates, and candy corns.
6. Stir until fully combined.
7. Scoop the mixture into the sprayed baking dish and flatten with a spatula.
8. Cool for 30 minutes, then cut into squares.
Peanut Butter Cups
2 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup melted dark chocolate (preferably 70% cocoa)
1. Prepare a cupcake tin with 6 liners.
2. Pour 1/2 cup of peanut butter and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Stir the peanut butter and powdered sugar together until smooth.
3. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate with a spatula on the bottom and sides of each cupcake liner.
4. Dollop 1 to 2 teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate.
5. Cover each dollop of peanut butter with more chocolate and smooth out the top.
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate hardened.
7. Remove peanut butter cups from the liners.
5 cups sweetened whipped cream
12 large rectangular graham crackers
3 cups of chopped strawberries (may add other types of berries)
1. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream in a square glass baking dish.
2. Put one layer of graham crackers in the baking dish.
3. Then cover with a layer of whipped cream.
4. Sprinkle ⅓ of the strawberries on top, then layer with cream again.
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until no more ingredients remain.
6. Garnish the top layer with strawberries (and other berries).
7. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
It is advisable to have these desserts after a high-intensity workout as it can burn the sugars instead of storing it as excess fats. Remember that cheat day is to treat yourself, not to binge your body with all the ‘cravings’. Have fun!