At this time and age, it could be said that everyone wants their food to be easily accessible and simply convenient just in the comfort of their own homes. Sometimes, we just don’t have the time or energy after work to prepare a home-cooked meal. After a tiring day at work, what other option is there besides the downstairs mamak or boring fast-food that’s been serving you, years and years of the same menu? So, what better way than to have all your food to be delivered right to your doorstep. Of course, food delivery has been in the market for the past 5 years or so, but which ones are popular amongst home food lovers? Let’s check out these 5 popular food delivery service apps
Fork brings you the latest in trend food delivery services served within the Klang Valley, mainly Kuala Lumpur.
1. FoodPanda: by far, the most popular, among food delivery services. Delivery is available 24 hours a day and can be found nationwide. Wide variety of food choices from fast-food chain restaurants, mamaks, and high-end restaurants and cafes.
Delivery fee: varies from restaurant to restaurant. Promo codes are used and accepted.
Payment modes: cash on delivery, credit/debit card, or online banking
2. GrabFood: Definitely the most friendly user-experience and available nationwide starting 12 Dec. 2019
Minimum Order: No minimum order
Delivery Fee: Range from RM 5 to RM 9. Promo codes are used and accepted.
Payment modes: Debit/credit cards, GrabPay Credits, or PayPal. Cash payments, Android Pay and Alipay are not accepted for GrabFood yet.
3. DahMakan: by far, the best value for food delivery. Led by Executive Chef Riza Ismail. Offers Prime package and Select exclusive membership for member discounts and promotions. The menu showcased is offered on a 2-week rotational basis and set ahead of time.
Minimum Order: No minimum order around the delivery area, however deliveries outside coverage area must be 15 orders or more.
Delivery Fee: Free within delivery areas but there is a service fee from restaurants. Promo codes are used and accepted.
Payment modes: cash on delivery, major credit cards, PayPal, online banking, or Boost e-Wallet
4. DeliveryEat: all types of cuisine are available, even Middle Eastern and vegetarian. It is only available in Kuala Lumpur and Penang. Services provided are only available from 10:30 am to 9 pm.
Minimum Order: RM 25 (RM15 for certain diners)
Delivery Fee: RM 5 plus service fee from restaurants. Promo codes are used and accepted.
Payment modes: cash on delivery, credit/debit card, or online banking, Touch ‘n Go e-Wallet
5. RunningMan: Has a wide variety choice of foods even from your favorite hawker stalls and local delights. Available in the Klang Valley, mostly KL area
Minimum Order: No minimum order Delivery Fee: Starts from RM 1 only
Payment modes: Cash on delivery, major credit cards, PayPal, or online banking
There you go, those are the 5 most popular food delivery services available in the Klang Valley and nationwide. Of course, there are other services that are not mentioned here such as Honest Bee and QuickSent. The Naked Lunchbox and Epic Fit Meals offer vegetarian food and weight-loss meals respectively. Fast-food delivery services are also available such as McDonald’s, Domino’s Pizza, Pizza Best, and Burger King. Some restaurants like ShoGun2u, KGB Burgers, and Mohammed Chow offer their own food delivery services. Why cook for a meal when you can have it delivered to you? Don’t wait, order now!