“A day where ‘this time last year’ and ‘this time next year’ does not apply.” — Anonymous
You’re probably wondering, what’s so special about a leap day, right? It’s just an extra day, nothing schmancy. Well, if you haven’t learned this in grade school, let us give you a crash course.
Every four years, February 29th is added into the calendar, calling it a Leap Day. While the modern calendar has 365 days, the time it takes for our Earth to orbit around the Sun in a year is actually 365.2421 days. Therefore, these extra 24 hours, aka Leap Day, is built into the calendars once every four years to ensure it stays in line with the Earth’s movement around the Sun. There you go! Now you’re caught up. Now let’s take a leap at these events happening on this unique day!
1. Omar Apollo Live in Kuala Lumpur @ 4th Floor, Bentley Music Auditorium PJ. Starts at 7 pm. This rising Indian pop singer-songwriter brings his signature heart-warming R&B tunes. Pre-sale tix are sold out, while normal tix are RM 195 per person. Click here for info.
2. Rockaway Showcase Presents ‘The Hu’ Live in Kuala Lumpur @ The Bee, Publika, KL. Starts at 7 pm. The HU is a band from Mongolia that blends hard rock and traditional Mongolian throat singing. GA tix are RM 148, while Rockaway Tix Holders of Rockaway tix are RM 138. Click here for info.
3. Jay Chou Live in Kuala Lumpur @ Bukit Jalil National Stadium is CANCELLED due to COVID-19 outbreak. Postponed to 22nd August 2020. Click here for info
4. The Elegance of Mozart @ Petronas Philharmonic Hall, KLCC. 2 shows only; 1st show starts at 8.30 pm on Saturday, 2nd show starts at 3pm on Sunday. Kees Bakels conducts the Haffner and Prague symphonies in a celebration of spirited elegance.The acclaimed Alessandro Carbonare performing Mozart’s sublime clarinet concerto. Click here for info
5. Rashomon @ Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre, Sentul KL. From February 29 – March 8. A stellar cast featuring both foreign and local actors including Doppo Narita, Maiya Goshima, Lee Swee Keong, Omar Ali, Faridah Merican will be directed by Joe Hasham OAM. Tix price range from RM 40 – RM 100. Click here for info
6. KL Belongs to Us Fest @Kem Isi Rimba, Kemensah Height KL. Starts at 2 pm – 12 am. A selection of local rock bands rockin’ it out in the jungle. Pre-sale tix are RM 35 for all ages, while normal tix at door are RM 45 per person + RM 5 per head for night camping. Click here for info
1. Asia GT Festival Pre Race Showcase @ Mines International Exhibition & Convention Centre (MIECC), Selangor. 2 days; February 29 & March 1, 11 am – 7 pm. Also includes Rolling Speed Night 2020:Vol 1 & The Showcase by Galeri Kereta Super Rocket. Click here for info
1. SkyWarrior Mini Challenge 2020 @ Skyrides Festivals Park Putrajaya. Starts at 8 am – 3 pm. Conquer the obstacle within the fastest time! Entrance fee is RM 40. Click here for info.
2. Jejak Taman Putrajaya 5KM/10KM Run 2020 @ Taman Botani Putrajaya. Start at 7 am. Tix starts from RM 39.38 (early bird). Click here for info
1. Leap Day Dance Party 2020 @ Janz Fitness Damansara Jaya. Starts at 8 pm – 10 pm. The floor will be open for social dancing. There will also be a taster latin solo dance workshop for people who want to give it a try! Tix price from RM 21 to RM 31.50. Click here for info.
2. Leap Year Bash at Loco Mexican Bar and Restaurant @ LOCO Mexican Bar & Restaurant, Bukit Bintang KL. Starts at 6.30 pm. Come join us in “Wolf’s Den”, 2nd floor of Loco, to mingle and dance the night away as we are entertained by a live band playing all the best hits and ‘DJ Superman’ at this exclusive party. Canadian Assoc. M’sia (CAM) members tix are RM 110, while non-members tix are RM 120. Click here for info.
3. Leap Year Babies Birthday Bash @ The Playground, MoMo’s Kuala Lumpur. Starts at 12 pm – 10 pm. Come to MoMo’s KL on 29 February to receive a special birthday gift from us. Just flash your identification card (IC) to our MoMosita staff to show that it’s your birthday, it’s that simple! Click here for info.
4. Pisco Bar Invites : Curses (Dischi Autunno, USA) @ Pisco Bar Bukit Bintang KL. Starts at 9 pm. The New Yorker/Berlin based Curses is known for blending Rock & Roll with the darker side of Disco, incorporating his ghostly vocals and guitar with flashes of EBM, New Wave, Post-punk, and psychedelic synth vibes. Free entry from 9 pm to 11 pm. RM35 after 11 pm. Click here for info.
5. Jungle City Beats ft Thess Fischer @ W Kuala Lumpur. Starts at 6 pm – 2 am. Jungle City Beats sees up-and-coming regional DJs across various genres on the decks. Thess Fischer, resident DJ at Café del Mar and OMNIA Bali, will be taking over the spotlight at WET Deck, where cutting-edge mixology meets bold designs and a playful attitude. Free entry before 9.30 pm. After 9.30 pm, RM 50 with 1 drink. Click here for info.
6. Gangs of Paradise – A glimpse of 1920s Old Shanghai @ Pacific Standard Bar, Alila Bangsar. Starts at 8 pm. Enter a world full of mysteries, excitement and nostalgia of the 1920s Old Shanghai era as we bring you one of the most unpredictable Pacific Standard party night has to offer. Cover charge RM 50 with 1 drink. Come before 9 pm to enjoy a special cover charge rate of RM40 per person (inclusive with 1 drink). FREE entry for 30 ladies dressed to theme. Click here for info.
1. Free Yoga Classes by BKS Iyengar Yogashala (BKSIYS) @ BKS IYENGAR YOGASHALA Yoga Studio KL. 2 sessions of adults yoga starts from 11 am -12.15pm; 5.30pm-6.45pm// kids yoga (6-12 years old) – 5.30pm-6.30pm (15 students only, 7 occupied). Click here for info.
2. Sip and Paint (Glow in the Dark): Glowing Beach @ Le Masterpiece, Bukit Jalil. Starts 2 pm – 5 pm. Join us, to release your stress or even for fresh inspiration with good music, good wine, good people. Fee is RM 150 per pax. Group of 6 pay only for 5 (+ FREE a bottle of wine). Click here for info.
3. The Blossoming Sakura @ The Social Kitchen, Damansara Utama PJ. Starts at 10 am – 5 pm. Introduction of Amazake and cooking sessions by Ben Lee & Owen Tan. Fee is RM 330 per person. Click here for info.
4. Show Choir – Basic to Musical Theater @ Broadway Academy & BTSM (Cascades), Kota Damansara PJ. Starts at 1.30 pm -3 pm. Open classes for 13 – 25 years old. Contact us at +60136383985. Click here for info.
5. Sock Doll Making Workshop @ The Hatchery Place, Subang Jaya. Starts at 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm. Tix prices are RM 130 per person or RM 240 for two people. Click here for info. To reserve your spot, RSVP AND please register in this form: https://forms.gle/bRkFcMhN16syiSxK9
6. Wellness Carnival @ Wellness Concept HQ, Petaling Jaya. Starts at 11 am – 4 pm. Fee is RM 150 per person. RSVP is compulsory. 0162116625 (Ms. Yee Ling). Click here for info.
Make that one extra day count! 🐸