Close your eyes for a little while, think creamy, think chill in the mouth, think soft-serve ice cream. Who can ever say NO to ice cream, the classic and smooth sweet treat that melts in your mouth! Cure your ice cream craving with this simple recipe… All you need is patience!
– 1 litre whole milk
– 225g granulated sugar
– 100g heavy cream
– 95g non-fat dry milk powder
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 3.5g salt
- Set the refrigerator at the coldest setting and chill a container in the refrigerator.
- Combine granulated sugar, whole milk, heavy cream, non-fat dry milk powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk continuously until mixture is well blended and sugar has dissolved. Add in vanilla extract and salt and mix well.
- Pour mixture into the contained and cover to freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Whip up the semi-frozen mixture and freeze for another 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove the ice cream container from the freezer and set aside for 5 minutes to soften.
Scoop it and add sprinkles or syrups for extra flavour!